How to Apply for a Summer or Winter Sea Cadet Training:
1. Look at your ID card, make sure the expiry date is after the date of the training you would like to attend. This is important because the Training Officer (TO) will not (even with all the correct paperwork in place) be able to register you for the training without an in-date ID card that remains valid through the end of the training.
2. The next step is to decide which of the trainings you would like to attend. There is no limit to the number of Summer or Winter Training courses you can attend.
New cadets must attend;
Recruit Training (for Sea Cadets)
Navy League Orientation at Fort Custer, MI (for League Cadets) before they can attend any other trainings.
Think of these trainings as the key that opens the door to all manner of exciting opportunities.
3. Click on the "Event Details' tab which will open to give you much more information regarding the training, some have links to a website or a Facebook group also.
4. For all trainings you will need to look carefully at the application requirements, some ask for additional information;
- a specialized medical examination (this is unusual and applies to the SEAL and Special Operations courses)
- an essay to support your application.
- an email to request to be considered (this is usual for cadets applying for a Staff Cadet position on a training).
Transportation to all National Trainings is the responsibility of parents/guardians.
Payment must also be submitted.
Until forms have been received and the payment sent and received the Training billet is not secured.